Memorandum of Articles
Haryana Institute Of Civil Aviation, Karnal
In the matter of Act XXI of 1860 for registration of a society for promoting the art and science of civil aviation and aeronautics in all its aspects and in all matters connected therewith.
In the matter of Haryana institute of civil Aviation, a society hereinafter referred to as the Institute.
Memorandum of Association
- Short title
- The name of the society shall be the ‘Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation and its head- office shal1 be located at Karnal.
- The registered office of the Society shall, for the time being, be at Karnal in the State of Haryana.
- Difinitions: In this memorandum and the rules made thereunder, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Society” shall mean Haryana Institute of Civil AviaIion.
- “Central Government” shall mean the Government of India;
- “State Government” shall mean the Government of Haryana in the Department of Civil Aviation.
- “StaLe” shall mean the State of Haryana.
- Objects: The main objects of the Institute are as under:-
- to promote the art and science of aviation and aeronautics in all its aspects and all matters connected therewith and to provide facilities for the said purpose and for the housing, storage, and safe custody of such equipment, instruments, and machines, etc, and to provide and errect and maintain buildings, hangers, sheds, anchorages, slipways, moorings, workshop machinery, plant, instruments, and apparatus boats, launches and other things necessary or incidental to the said purpose and to provide, layout, prepare and maintain aerodromes, landing ground (permanent and temporary) and undertake such furtherance of the said objectives;
- To carry on the activities of flying, gliding, aeronautical, aircraft maintenance engineers’ training, cabin crew training; ground staff training, hotel keeper training, and such other activities as may be incidental to aviation and aeronautics and other purposes of the institute
- to purchase! construct, reconstruct, overhaul, maintain and repair equipment used in the institute and other accessories and to sell and to let for hire the same and to use the same for the purpose of, tuition and other purposes of the Institute, to sell the services of reconstructing, overhauling, maintaining and repairing aircraft, glider, and motor accessories etc.;
- to instruct members and such other persons as may be decided by the Institute from time to time in the art of aviation and science of aeronautics and all matters connected therewith and to issue certificates of efficiency relating thereto and to Provide for institutions for training and acquiring knowledge in all branches of aviation and aeronautics;
- to purchase, lease, secure by exchange of license, hire and otherwise acquire any moveable and immoveable property and any interest, easements, rights and privileges necessary or convenient, for the purposes of the institute and to repair, alter moveable and immoveable properly or the Institute and undertake such other activities as may be necessary and incidental to give effect to clause(a) above;
- to construct, maintain, alter, repair any building, structures, etc. required for the Institute and to pull down and demolish such as are not required and to reconstruct and rebuild other in place thereof if required for the Institute;
- to carry on the business of a institute hotel keeper, tavern-keeper, and refreshment to the purveyor and such businesses as may be incidental to aviation and aeronautics and other purposes of the institute;
- to purchase and procure stores for the Purposes of the Institute, aviation, aeronautics, and motoring and to sell the same to members and others:
- to establish, promote and assist in establishment and promoting and to subscribe to and become a member of any other company, association club or Institution, whose objects are similar or in part similar to the objects of the Institute and the establishment or promotion of which may be beneficial to the Institute and to amalgamate therewith and to enter into arrangements with any Company, association club or institution to enable the members thereof to participate in the privileges of the Institute:
- To purchase, construct, reconstruct, overhaul maintain, and repair equipment used in the Institute and other accessories and to sell and to sell and to let for hire the same and to use the same for the purposes of tution and for other purposes of the Institute, to sell to services of reconstructing, overhauling, maintaining and re-pairing aircraft and motor accessories, etc :
- To invest and reinvest any money of the Institute in such securities or manner as may from time to time be determined and to apply all or any of the funds or money of the Institute in any manner likely or calculated to advance aviation of aeronautics or other objects of the Institute:
- To borrow and raise money which may be required for the purpose of the Institute upon bonds, debentures, bills of exchange, promissory notes or other obligations or securities of the Institute or by mortgage or charge of the Institute property or any part thereof :
- To sell, improve, manage, develop, lease, mortgage, charge, dispose of and otherwise deal with all or any part of the property of the Institute whether moveable or Immoveable and its undertakings :
- Subject to the provisions of any law on the subject for the times being in force, to carry on business as private and commercial air carriers, freight and cargo carriers, mail carriers, charters, and joy-rides, etc. And to undertake operations necessary for furtherance of this objective :
- To carry on any business or work or experiment or research directly or indirectly concerned with aeronautics or aviation and to provide for laboratories, boardings, lodgings, buildings, reading rooms, libraries, etc., and to give scholarship, stipends and/ or such other material, help to the persons to be selected by the management for research, studies or training in India or abroad:
- Generally to do all such other things as may be incidental or conducive to the allotment of the above objects or any of them :
- The income and property of the Institute shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Institute and no portion thereof shall be paid or ………………, directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise by way of profit to the members of the Institute:
- No member of the General Body or Executive Committee of the Institute shall be appointed to any salaried office of the Institute or any office of the Institute paid by fees, that no remuneration shall be given by the Institute to any member of such General Body/ Executive Committee except repayment of out of pocket expenses and interest on money lent for the premises demised to the Institute:
- The Institute by its Constitution is required to apply its profits if any, or other income in promoting its objects:
- The Institute out of its profits, if any or other income may grant productivity linked incentive or other facilities to staff as a token of appreciation for the good work done:
- The Institute may adopt State Government’s rules, regulations, and instructions as guidelines where consider necessary :
- Upon the winding up or dissolution of the Institute, if there remains, after satisfaction of all debts any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the then members of the Institute but shall be given or transferred to the State Government or some other institution having objects similar to the objects of this Institute to be, determined by the then members of the Institute or before the time of dissolution and in default thereof by the Director-General of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India/ Adviser Civil Aviation, Haryana :
- No alteration shall be made to this Memorandum of Association of the Institute, unless the proposed alteration has been previously approved by the Aviation Adviser to the Government of Haryana and the Director-General of Civil Aviation, Government of India:
The objects incidental or ancillary to the attainment of the above main objects are :-
- To buy, sell, let or hire, repair, import, export, lease, trade and otherwise deal in all kinds of machinery, component, parts, accessories, and other goods, material spare-parts and filling which can be profitably dealt with in connection with the business of installation and operation of the Institute’s goods:
- To employ personnel as may be found necessary for the efficient handling and conduct of the business of the Institute :
- To obtain licenses, certificates, and privileges for all purposes from all persons, local authorities, and the Central and State Government to renew the same and to transfer the same in favor of any person or authorities :
- To enter into agreements and contracts with Indian and/ or foreign individuals, companies, or other organizations for transfer, sale, or purchase of equipment and for technical, financial, or any other assistance for carrying out all any other assistance for carrying out all or any the objects of the Institute:
- To enter into a partnership or into any agreement for sharing profits, the union of interest, cooperation, joint venture, reciprocal concessions, or otherwise with any person, firm, society, or company carrying on or engaged in or about to carry on or engaged in any business or undertaking or transaction which may seem capable of being carried on or conducted so as to directly or indirectly benefit the Institute:
- To enter into any agreement with any Government or authority (Municipal, local or otherwise) or any corporation, company or person which may seem conducive to the Institute’s objects or any of them and to obtain from any such Government, authority, corporation, company, society or person, any contract, right, privilege, or concession which the Institute may think desirable and to carry out exercise and comply with any such contract, right, privilege or concession:
- To obtain any act central or state legislature, provisional or license of autonomous body or Institute for enabling the Institute to carry out any of its objects into effect or for effecting any modification of the Institute’s constitution or for any other purposes which may seem expedient and to oppose any proceedings or application which may seem initiated directly or indirectly to prejudice the Institute’s interest:
- Generally to purchase, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any real or personal property and right or privilege which the Institute may think necessary or convenient with reference to any of its objects or capable of being profitably dealt with in connection with any of the Institute’s property or rights for the time being and in particular any land, building, basement, licence, patent, trademark, machinery, plant and stock in trade:
The management of the affairs of Institute is intrusted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Institute to General Body of which the first members are :-
|Sh. Jaswant Singh Bawal
|Minister of State for Civil Aviation,Haryana, Chandigarh.
|Sh. L.M. Jain, IAS
|Financial Commissioner & Secretary to Government Haryana,Civil Aviation Department
|Smt. Sudha Sharma, IAS
|Commissioner & Secretary to Government Haryan,Finance Department, Chandigarh.
|Sh. P.Raghavendra Rao, IAS
|Adviser Civil Aviation Haryana and Chief Executive Director.
|Wg. Cdr. R. Gupta
|Deputy Director General NCC, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Union Territory of Chandigarh Area, Chandigarh.
|Col. R. Sharma
|Station Commander, Chandimandir Cantonment, Panchkula.
|Wg. Cdr. A. Suri
|Representative,Air Officer Commanding,12 wing, Air Force Station,Chandigarh.
|Smt. Saroj Siwatch, IAS
|Smt. Jyoti Arora, IAS
|Deputy Commissioner, Karnal
|Sh. Roshan Lal, IAS
|Deputy Commissioner, Hisar.
|Sh. V.P. Nagpal
|Asst. Director, Representative, Director, Higher Education, Haryana, Chandigarh
|Sh. R.K. Garg
|Chief Engineer, Building, PWD B&R, Haryana Chandigarh.
|Cdr. V.K. Verma
|Principal, Sainik School, Karnal
|Sh. Mangi Lal
|Controller of Airworthiness,Representative, Director General of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, New Delhi
|Chief/ Senior Executive Pilot Civil Aviation Department, Haryana,Chandigarh.
|Two Eminent persons/ experts connected with Civil Aviation to be nominated by the State Government.